CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gracie


My little cat, Gracie, passed away last night. She was such a sweet and gentle soul... she was cursed with epileptic seziures since she was 6 months old. At first they were occasional episodes... but a she grew older they became more frequent. I had done a search on the web about seizures in cats and learned that they weren't painful to the cat... and that nothing much could be done to prevent them except give them drugs which would dope them up and they would end up sleeping a lot. So we opted to just be there for her when they happened. Last night she had a violent one... the worst one... and it killed her. Perhaps she is better off? Who can say. I know I'll miss her every day. We always called her our little handicapped kitty.

9 comments:

AwtemNymf said...

Awwww *sniffles* I'm so sorry to hear of sweet Gracie's passing! She will wait for you at the Rainbow Bridge where you will meet again...for eternity!
*HUGS*
~A~

karen said...

How sad for you - I am sad for you. My sons cat passed on 2 years ago and is still much missed Funny how they get so deep into our hearts.

Kathy said...

I'M SO SORRY FOR YOU, YOU HAVE MY PRAYERS DURING THIS PAINFUL TIME.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Leslie, my heart breaks for you. I know how special our little pets are. They are family who love us as much as we love them. God bless little Gracie. Twyla and Lindsey

Unknown said...

We are so sorry to hear about Miss Gracie. If there is anything we can do please let me know. And if you need some cheering up, you can always take a drive to the north and visit Kylie.
love,
g & Kylie dog

Chrissie said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope your doing okay. I'm back btw!

JuanitaTortilla said...

This news breaks my heart.
I am so sorry.

Rima said...

So sorry--hope you are feeling better. I am thinking of you.

gus said...

I loved that damn cat. I will wear my t-shirt with her picture on it everyday for one year to honor her memory.