CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

My mom's rice, artichoke and chicken recipe


This is one of my childhood favorites... here is a version that has slimmed down a bit from the original. 40 years ago there was no LOWFAT anything!
I wish I knew how to take great food photos but I don't... this is as good as I get! But if it doesn't look appetizing to you just trust this recipe... its a good one.

1 pkg chicken flavored rice
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 green pepper,small dice
10 stuffed green olives, sliced
1/4 tsp curry
1/3 cup lowfat mayonnaise
1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced

Cook rice according to box instructions but omit butter. Cool.

Mix artichokes, 3 green onions, green pepper, olives. Mix in separate bowl mayonnaise, curry and sour cream. Mix both together along with rice and diced chicken.

Here comes the fun part. Press into jello mold (I like ring molds) or separate fancy molds and refrigerate. When ready to serve just turn upside down... it should slip from the mold. Sprinkle with fourth green onion.

If using a ring mold its fun to put salad greens in center. This is great as a salad or an entre... Enjoy!

5 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the card. Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

Chrissie said...

Sounds yummy. Love the plate too.

Rima said...

Thanks for the link! The pictures are spectacular.

Great recipe. I am thinking of making it this weekend.

HDMac said...

I have been making this for years!! It is SO good! :)

JuanitaTortilla said...

Oh gosh now that just sounds really wicked. And it's making me hungry!