CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Movie Review: Lars and the Real Girl


I loved this movie... heres a review that describes it well:

Ryan Gosling stars as Lars Lindstrom, an extremely shy young man living in a small town. He purchases a realgirl doll online and proceeds to introduce her to his brother and sister-in-law as his girlfriend. Despite the concerns of his friends and relatives, a local doctor notes that since Lars otherwise has a highly functional personality that threatens no one, this delusion is a sign that he is working through some personal issues and his loved ones should play along in the meantime. With some persuasion, the entire town eventually participates as well with growing enthusiasm for this unusual, but enjoyable, activity as Lars continues to pursue what he perceives as a deep and meaningful relationship with the doll

I won't spoil it by saying any more about this movie... and even tho it sounds silly...it's far from that. I've always thought that Ryan Gosling is a fine actor and he does this role justice. As for the movie... I only rented it as I had heard several people discussing how good it was... before this I has thought it sounded ridiculous. It's not. Rent it if you can... I promise you that you'll enjoy every minute of it.

1 comments:

Chrissie said...

Sounds like a hoot. I think I am going to sign up for Netflix when my raise kicks in.