CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Meet Mitzi the bird terrorist


A One of my cats... my beloved little terror Mitzi... pictured above laying on my printer... has turned into a bird killer this year... almost every day she brings me a dead bird... feathers flying everywhere... 9pm last night I looked into the bathroom and there she was chomping away... so I chased her out of the house and proceeded to vacumn up the evidence of the slaughter... I do have a "NO KILL" bib around her neck which is supposed to help keep her from being able to catch birds... but she's learned the past few days to actually be able to get at them. Sigh. I would keep her in the house except my dogs are trained for their dog door... so Mitzi gets in and out on her own. Very frustrating! Come fall the birds will be gone and she'll have to survive on cat food again. I'm making light of all of this but its very disturbing to me as I love birds and feel frustrated that theres not much more I can do to keep them safe. I don't have birdseed or bird baths around the house in order not to draw them... but they are still in our trees. I'm looking forward to fall for many reasons... this being one of them. About the photo... she does have a purple bib on but I drew it in the picture to give you an idea of what it looks like... she doesn't wear it in the winter... when this photo was taken.

This week has flown by... I've spent a large part of this week cleaning our rental. We have a new person moving in... she's from Florida... driving across country to start a new job here in Santa Fe at our Community College... I'll meet her this afternoon. Thats exciting! She sounds like a very nice person. So we have really cleaned and enhanced her living space and I hope she likes it enough to stay a while! Cleaning in between tenants is HARD!

Then... I rented and watched for the first time "The Golden Compass" and even tho I loved the animal graphics and it was richly animated and presented... the story to me was convoluted... I had read that Christians were offended by this movie... for the life of me I don't know why... unless Christians are more in tune with symbolism than I am... I just saw it as a fantasy... nothing more.

I have a few projects I am in the middle of... I'm cross-stitching a sampler for my girlfriend whose mother died a couple of weeks ago... I'm also knitting a striped blanket out of all of my left-over yarns... and am also trying to finish the Cat Kidson blanket I started over two months ago... its a granny square blanket and I fall asleep every time I even think about working on it!!! Tedious... but will be nice when its finished.

I'll post a picture of the sampler tomorrow... I think its going to be very pretty when its done.

Have a good Wednesday bloggers! See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Awww your kitty is so cute. Can't wait to see all your projects. I haven't seen that movie. I am so behind on these movies.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

My, you sound like a busy girl. Your kitty doesn't know any better. I feel sorry for the birds too, but you are doing everything you can to prevent it. I have been working on a Cath Kidston style afghan myself. I showed some of the squares in my post this past Tues. I am using a few different colors to the mix just to keep it from being 'too Cath'. I wish you'd show your blocks sometime. Have a great day! Twyla

gus said...

That cat is a killer.