CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to reality




I had a nice two days... got to hear some interesting stories about game officer adventures... and where wildlife management is headed in the future. What started out as just a job 20 years ago somewhere along the line turned into more than that for me... I love animals, and working closely with the Game and Fish Department has given me several opportunities to be able to be close to wild critters. Here I am holding an orphaned cougar kitten...

This is the first meal I had when I drove down to Albuquerque for the conference... mmmm... yummy... chile rellanos, cheese enchilada, beans, rice, and sopipallas... all with green chile... my hubby dislikes chile so its a rare day when I can enjoy this type of food.

Then... the next morning my division had a staff meeting at a cute little place called 'le peeps'... and these are the people I spend more time with then I do my husband!

Its hard to believe that after 20 years of interacting with some of these people every day that soon I may not see much of them in the future. Retirement is a wonderful thing but scary at the same time.

Hope your week was a good one!

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

Sounds like a nice time. The food looks yummy and look at that cute little thing. I think you have a wonderful job.

Rima said...

Lovely lovely pictures! Keep them coming. I always want to know more about your daily life...

PS: Mexican food always rules.

Zerine said...

So what is the restaurants name? Looks so delicious!

gus said...

OH my god that cat looks just like a young John McCain!!!! Be careful it dosn't eat you!!!