CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Review of "The Shack"


I just finished reading "The Shack"... and this book was so poorly written. The author's lack of writing skill, the syrupy words, but I read on. And it only gets worse from there. The author's need to dress almost every phrase with metaphors made reading this book laughable. Please don't take offence if you read this book and you loved it. I'm not attacking you. I'm simply giving my opinion. If it changed your life for the better, good for you. I truly am happy that it did. The world needs more people who look at the bigger picture and do their damnedest to love one another. There's too much hate and anger simmering in the general populous. Just don't attack me because I didn't like it. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought it was dumb/bad and poorly written, too! Barbara

Zerine said...

Well I loved it! It talked about everything I believe in and it was fun to think of my God as a loving comforting black woman. With the understanding it was fiction, it made it really nice to read something that incorporated my beliefs and added fantasy. and ya know leslie... i don't read much. haha