CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Movie Review: Avatar


Amazing effects? Yes. Amazing script? Not really. An enjoyable film, but for me it didn't leave a huge impact. If you're into sci-fi you will most probably be knocked out by this film. For me it felt as if I had seen the story before... the story line felt like Dances with Wolves... man meets woman of another culture... has to be accepted by her tribe... and ends up battling his own people to defend his adopted clan. Sound familiar? But I will give credit where its due... the effects were outstanding... and the battle scenes were exciting. I think the media hype is way over done... and the price of admission is also outlandish. My suggestion is that if you haven't seen it yet do go and see it... but wait a couple of months when the price of admission goes down and the crowds thin out.

2 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

Definitely a movie to leave your brain at the door, and just enjoy the great visuals. I thoroughly enjoyed the 3D effect, not so much the story, like you said. Still, I would tell others to go see it; better yet when the hype and prices are lower :)

Anonymous said...

I loved it, and well I will admit your right about the storyline being the same as others, but fore me I'm a sucker. I loved the effects, and well for Carrie and me it was a great way to go celebrate our 1st year anniversary.