CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Movie Review: Funny People


Gangly, long, somewhat disjointed, but still very funny, I found “Funny People” surprisingly emotional, and even poignant.

Adam Sandler is just barely old-enough to play a well-known successful comedian (George Simmons), adored, and loved by all except himself. A serious disease interrupts his indulgent empty life causing him to reconsider a great many things. Into that moment walks Ira (Seth Rogen) as the new waiter, go-for, bedtime story reader, and joke writer.

You can expect a lot of verbal obscenities. As Adam Sandlers’s character says (and I paraphrase), “If I cut out all the fart and private part jokes, I’d lose half my set.”

Despite its many many filthy jokes (which made me very nervous), the film is a sweet movie about friendship and committment.

Eric Bana was fun to see... and made me laugh more than once with his sincere fixed-eye stare. And this is the first time I have been actually impressed with Seth Rogen... his character was sweet and very moral... which was refreshing to see.

I give this movie 3 stars.. I would have enjoyed it much more if they had cleaned up at least 75 percent of the f-words and lightened up on the dirty jokes.

0 comments: