CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 26, 2009

California dreaming...


I just got back from spending 16 days in Southern California... amongst the surfers, hang gliders... and two blocks from the Pacific Ocean. It was nice... and primarily I went there to spend some quality time with my mother who was recently widowed. We saw movies, ate at great restaurants, visited friends, and in general had a restful time. One of the movies I watched was UP by Disney/Pixar. It was a great little film... I even watched it in 3D... my favorite characters was Dug the dog and that cute chubby little boy... Anyone who has kids should see this with them... adults will love it too. One of the reasons I love Pixar films is that they aren't just flat cartoons with repeating backgrounds and characters with no personality... but actual characters that have individual personalities... and the animations are so great that you forget your watching what is basically a cartoon... with the added bonus that parents and kids together enjoy them. So I'm really glad to be back home. Hope your summer is as nice as mine has started out to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw up too! I loved it. Russel was my favorite character!

Unknown said...

I saw this movie too and loved it... and I'm 53! Actually, I thought it was extremely endearing with the husband making the promises, having to keep hitting that little piggy bank, and then the wife passes away without ever going to the place "he" had promised. Such sadness there. Then... the fact that he goes on his own, and then finds that scrap book at the end... Oh... so sweet!