CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Movie Review: Australia


This movie takes place in Australia, right before World War II. An English aristocrat travels to there where she meets a rowdy hard drinking man and reluctantly agrees to travel with him in order to save the land she inherited. Together, they endure a journey across hundreds of miles of the outback, only to still face the bombing of the city of Darwin by the Japanese forces that attacked Pearl Harbor. There is a lot more to this movie than what I have said. This was a loooooong movie... endless... and just when you thought it was over it started up again. There are several parts of it I did like... especially the little boy... I could not take my eyes off him.. he was magical to watch. Thumbs down on Nicole Kidman... she did nothing for me in this film... I felt she had no chemistry with Hugh Jackman. But the scenery and photography were outstanding and made the movie worth watching. I give it 3 stars... and just wish Hollywood would stop placing actors in roles that they are unsuited for! Oh... by the way... check out the scene toward the beginning when Hugh Jackman pours water down his chest. Hmmmm... yes. Definately one of the worlds sexiest male actors.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey L,
I was considering putting Australia on my netflix list but I saw that it was 2 hours + 35 minutes, and I thought.. that's a whole lot of Nicole Kidman. So I didn't do it.
Thanks for making me feel good about my decision. :)
But I will be adding that Jeff Goldblum movie to the list - his weirdness entertains me.

~princess g

JuanitaTortilla said...

Oh my, Leslie, I could not sit through 10 minutes of the movie. Nicole Kidman was a little too difficult to watch; don't get me wrong, I like her in other movies, but just not this one.
Um... Can't say anything for the male lead apart from: He's not my type, I guess *LOL*