CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home-made cheese - YUMMO


I saw this recipe in the latest issue of Sunset Magazine and thought I would give it a try. This very small peice of cheese was made from 2 cups of whole milk and the juice of one lemon. Not much to show for that much liquid... but let me tell you... its delicious. Has a creamy lemony taste.. I also threw in a pinch of pepper and salt... I'm going to do this again but maybe with a gallon of milk... this is going to be a great spread for crackers.

The plate my cheese is sitting on is called "a thousand faces"... one of the few things I have from my grandmother...it was produced in Japan during occupation years... I love this plate.

I'll pick the winner this afternoon for the give-away! Thanks to all of you who joined... this was fun... and my first.

3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That sounds very interesting! I think I'd like to give that a try sometime. Could you give the recipe? Hope you have a nice Sunday! Twyla

Rima said...

That is making me hungry.

My boyfriend tried to make some once. It turned out very good.

Anonymous said...

Wow you made your own cheese. Sounds tasty!