CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gifts for a couple of special people


I dabble in stain glass and have made these two wall ornaments for two special people. The two young women on the left are my neices Stephanie and Becky. Stephanie... the dark-haired one... was diagnosed recently with breast cancer and after a mascetomy she is undergoing chemo. She's an amazing young woman and has a very positive attitude about her life-changing experience. The other photo charm is my best friend Diane and her son Quatro. I took that photo in 1975 on the top of a steep hill in the Pecos Wilderness. It was a big climb but we were young and made it to the top! I don't think I could do that climb today! So I've made these two glass wall charms as gifts for them. The back is a peice of stain glass. They were fun to make and are even more fun to give!

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Very good job on your wall ornaments! I am finding out that you are multi-talented! I am wishing Stephanie nothing but the best with her health. May she come through this stronger than ever! Have a great week! Twyla

Anonymous said...

They look great, I bet they will be very honored to get them.

Anonymous said...

I get all my layouts from www.pyzam.com. Just click on the blogger layouts. When you have selected one that you like go in to blogger, under layout and Edit HTML. Take the code you get from pyzam and copy it into this spot after you erase what is already in there. If you need any help let me know.

Zerine said...

ok, so now i know what my birthday gift is.....