CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Georgia O'Keefe


I just finished watching Lifetime's movie about the wonderful artist Georgia O'Keefe. My opinion of the movie is that overall it was a typical Hollywood flick... too much emphasis on her relationship with Steiglitz... too much heart-broken crying over her painful marriage. I had wanted to see much more emphasis on her life in New Mexico and her relationship with her natural surroundings and how it was reflected in her art. The only positive thing was it re-awakened my love of her work. I'm not sure if any of you have ever been in Northern New Mexico but it is as beautiful as it was depicted in the movie. Just be aware that Georgia O'Keefe was a much stronger woman then the film showed.

0 comments: