CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My father



When I was four my father was killed in Korea. Two years later my mother re-married. He adopted me, and my two sisters and became a father for us. They then had three more children of their own. My step-father never treated any of us differently and loved all six of us equally. He was such a strong father that it feels strange even referring to him as a step-father. He retired in 1974 from the FBI... he was an agent for 26 years. He passed on yesterday. A regret I have is that I was not able to be closer to him in the past 20 years. I live 1,000 miles away. I'll never forget his goodness and his spirit. Bye daddy... I love you.

6 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Sorry about your "father" passed away. It is a sad moment, but you will only remenber the good ones :)
Trust me. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Leslie, I am so sorry for your loss. Life has not been kind thus far this year. :( Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
We should talk...
love,
Kylie's mom.

Rima said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I send you many hugs.

JuanitaTortilla said...

Leslie, I feel sad for your loss and am a little lost for words right now. It is a sad moment.

Lindsey Smith said...

Tears AGAIN!!!! The word "strong" is a good word to describe how he was as a man and a father. And you're right, I never felt or feel right about saying he was my stepfather ya know? He was always there......no matter what. I will always cherish the times I fed him his pieces of pie, he savored every bite, what am I talking about he savored every bite of any food, he loved his food didn't he?

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Leslie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear father. Twyla