CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend report and movie review


I had a nice relaxing weekend. Did some baking (made these outragious raspberry chocolate bars... too rich for me so my co-workers are now enjoying them)... made a pot roast for dinner Sunday... and finished knitting two more valentines day dish cloths. I also finished crocheting the cutest lace bowl. Its stiffening up right now but when its ready I'll be sure to post a photo of it.

I also saw this wonderful movie. Its the second time I've rented it from Netflix... I loved it enough to want to see it again. Its about rebirth. Filmed in Wawa, Ontario, Snow Cake is a drama about the friendship between Linda, an autistic woman, played by Sigourney Weaver, and Alex (played by Alan Rickman) who is traumatized after a car accident involving himself and Linda's daughter. I don't want to reveal any more in case you do see this. It may be out in video stores.

We may be headed for a snow store today. I can only hope!

1 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

Snowcake!
Yes, I loved the movie. Sigourney Weaver did such a great job, I thought.