CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Movie Review: Slumdog Millionaire


Well... after everyone I know seeing this movie... and after the awards this movie has already won... I decided to see it. I wasn't disappointed. Before seeing it I couldn't figure out for the life of me how this could be good. Its premise was based on a television show I never liked and never watched. I was surprised and found out it was interesting, sad, riviting, and well worth watching. It also showed just how tough kids can be when left to raise themselves. The two young actors who played the children were adorable and I wanted to take them home, feed them, wash them, and just take care of them. Anyway... it did bring out maternal in me! I give this movie 4.5-stars... I wasn't wild about the ending... otherwise it would have been 5 stars. But do go see this movie. You won't be disappointed.

1 comments:

Rima said...

I am glad you liked the movie. I loved it. :) The ending is actually more like "talking back" to Bollywood; it is also a satire--to the ways the world looks at mainstream Indian cinema (aka Bollywood).