CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Its Monday... again...

Well... needless to say I don't like Mondays! The good thing is hubby got home yesterday afternoon and none too soon.. I spent four days eating, sleeping, shopping, eating, sleeping, shopping... that thats about it! No crafting... but I did buy some really cute fabric I intend to make another birdie sling bag out of for winter. I also did manage to finish knitting a baby cap out of Susan Anderson's itty bitty hats book... this was a nightmare challange for me... everytime I picked it up I had this lurch in my pit of my stomach... and knew I had a battle ahead of me for yet another panel (this cap was knit in panels)... I'll post a photo of this thing when I am ready to look at it... right now its living in my bottom drawer and I don't really want to see it for a while.. its full of mistakes... and a major disappointment for me. Knitting is a real challange for me. Maybe I should just give up on it... but I love knitted garments... and the meditative feeling of actually knitting. sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your hubby is home and I hope you feel comfortable with this project soon.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Don't give up on knitting! You might try something easier than a cap to get used to it. I started knitting before I learned to crochet, some 40years ago. I find knitting soothes the soul like nothing else. During times of great stress, all I want to do is knit. Twyla