CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My dog Macintosh

I have a story to tell. One year ago today my dog, Mac, ran away from home. I was having an addition built onto my home, one of the builders left a door open, and out that rascal went. I spent a week posting signs, crying, putting in ads, crying, and desperately driving around calling for him. After two weeks of this I received a phone call that someone had him. Thank god for tags with names and phone numbers! In the two weeks he had been gone he had been injured.. his left back leg. He was matted, full of stickers and burrs and had lost weight. I was overjoyed to have him back again. Now I keep a very close eye on him when we are out walking... never know when he'll get the urge to run away again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww what a cute dog.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

So glad your baby is home. We love poodles ourselves. You can see our poodle 'Spencer' on our blog. We had a poodle 'Buffy' for 16 years and he passed away from kidney failure in March. It was horrible for us. We don't ever want to be without a poodle in our house. Twyla

JuanitaTortilla said...

Oh, look at how happy he is, bouncing on those 3 legs :)

Rima said...

So glad that he is back! I love the video--feel like I saw a bit of you :)