CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Focaccia and a handbag weekend





Yesterday I made a loaf of focaccia...it turned out well... I've never made it before but its got a wonderful crisp yet yeasty taste... I loaded pizza toppings on a slice of it and had it for dinner. It was wonderful. I got the recipe here.. try it... fun to make. You can tell from the photo that I sliced into it before it cooled! Just couldn't wait!

Then...I finished a little purse I have been working on this week. Its called a Meadow handbag. You can get the pattern here It was a lot of fun to make. I had some leftover bernat yarn and just used it. I may make another one out of a tweedy wool yarn with antique buttons for fall. Hope all of you bloggers are having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the purse!

ManfaMae said...

mmmmm...the bread looks tasty!

You did a great job on the purse too! How did you line it? did you hand-sew it or use a machine? I have crocheted a couple purses, but I don't know how to sew with a machine.

leslie said...

manfamae: You have your comments turned off. When I insertd the lining into the purse I hand sewed. I only turned the edge under and sewed by machine. Hope that helps.

Christy T said...

such a cute bag! love the buttons :)

Zerine said...

The one picture of the open purse reminds me a womans vagina. Kinda like a picture by Georgia O'Keefe. Very lovely. ;-D

Zerine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.